Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Concerned Mother"


Lying on the ground looking up gives one a totally different perspective on trees. They look much taller for one, and this pine had a distinct mouth pursed in my general direction, and one dark hole of an eye looking down upon me. Add a crooked arm-branch on the left side and it took little imagination for me to see a parent peering in a concerned fashion at her child. Add a second arm and it's the proverbial "hands on hips" pose that most of us know well from some time in our present or past.
This tree has the distinction of being the first giclee in a limited edition to sell. I sold it to the mother of 3 teenagers who looked at my title and immediately said, "that's me!". This exclamation confirmed my belief that trees often have human features and we, as humans, have a definate spiritual connection to their existence.

Original, Limited Edition Giclee Reproductions, and notecards available

No comments:

Post a Comment