Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Ahhh....Youth"


"Ahhh...Youth"
I saw this knarly old mostly barkless tree hanging precariously over the edge of a banking one day, and I wondered at the time how long it had been hanging and why it didn't uproot altogether. What tenacious roots still clung to the soil and kept it there? It looked like one good wind could knock it down, or one good rainstorm would wash away its anchor.
My husband suggested the rope swing. He said it had the perfect angle for hanging an old twisted rope, to go with it's old twisted form. Each of us has memories of swinging off trees into quarries and ponds, a practice we mostly give up when we get older and are more sensible about our limbs.
I hope I never give up rope swinging, and I hope I have tenacious roots that keep hanging on when I am old, and in danger of falling off the banking.


ORIGINAL SOLD- Limited Edition Giclee' reproductions and notecards available**

No comments:

Post a Comment