Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Muse


The concept of a muse is that it serves as a guiding spirit, or source of inspiration. Driving past a huge hollow tree one day, I turned around and risked life and limb to stand in the road and photograph his hollowness from several angles. Afterward, as I drove on, I began to image all the things that could live or hide within a giant tree. At the time I was trying to come up with an entry for a how at the Harlow Gallery in Hallowell. Suddenly, the gallery appeared within the tree, and the image of hopeful artists scattered among its broken limbs and roots, striving to fulfill the age old need of putting faces on thoughts. The funny thing was, the piece was passed by in the Harlow jury process and no one realized it was actually the gallery within the hollow. Later, when it was hanging in the Blue Marble Gallery in Waterville, someone finally figured it out. It was later used for the Harlow Gallery Fall Festival T-shirt fundraiser!


ORIGINAL SOLD, limited edition giclee prints and notecards available**

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your work! I found your art in the "Made in Maine" shop in Bath and just had to find you online. Keep creating! It's magnificent!

    Also, do you do Celtic Knot art?

    Thank you for sharing your imagination and creativity!
    Dodie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dodie,
    I'm still unfamiliar with finding my way around this blog, so I didn't know you had commented : ) I am currently beginning work with a web designer to make it easier for people to find me. I have done a couple of celtic pieces, but it was awhile ago and I only have them available in cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I met you at the Rockingham Park, Salem, NH craft fair. I was disappointed that you were not there this past weekend (11-14-15). I was hoping to purchase a print of "The Muse" I have not forgotten it since I first saw it two years ago. Will you be at the December craft fair at Rockingham Park, Salem, NH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I met you at the Rockingham Park, Salem, NH craft fair. I was disappointed that you were not there this past weekend (11-14-15). I was hoping to purchase a print of "The Muse" I have not forgotten it since I first saw it two years ago. Will you be at the December craft fair at Rockingham Park, Salem, NH

    ReplyDelete